Old 09-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Stuart Cracraft

Default Robomower question

Hi, I bought a Robomower about 5 months ago
(RL-880) and it has been running fine until
now.

The small device that comes with it that you
plug into the zone to activate the circuit
is giving me problems.

I have 4 zones at my house and 3 zones are fine.
You plug it in and the green light happily blinks
on the zone-enabler box (the one with 3 C batteries
inside).

But the other zone, also the largest, has suddenly
decided to stop blinking green and start flashing
the batteries red-light, making it impossible to
mow the backyard. Same unit, same batteries, etc.
that worked on the front yard minutes before. I
take it back to the front yard and it works on all
3 zones.

Anyone know why the battery light on the zone-enabler
can light up preventing a zone from being mowable
but work on all the other zones?

I don't think there's any li cut and I tried two sets
of all fresh C batteries with the same result.

Thanks,

Stuart
Old 09-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Gemini

Stuart,
Can only be one of two things left to check. More than likely you have a
break in the zone loop. A simple check with a volt/ohm meter will verify
that. The other possibility is that your zone is too large for the
transmitter. Maximum wire length is 1,000 feet.
I would check for an open circuit in the loop first by what ever means you
have. If you just have your wire staked down, just check it by running your
hand along it and pulling slightly on the insulation to see if the wire has
broken inside, especially where it has been staked down.

om...

Old 10-02-2004, 04:21 PM
jac

I have two Robomowers and have encountered the same problem from time to
time. It's ALWAYS an open circuit. Put a continuity tester on the loop
you are having trouble with and you'll see that it's not a complete
circuit. I've had to redo my mowing areas (I mow about 1.5 acres total)
several times. One thing I suggest is get rid of the solid core wire the
manufacturer supplies. It's subject to breaking to easily. I replaced
mine with stranded wire. Comes in a 2500 ft roll for about $85. Also the
"couplers they supply don't hold up well.. A better method to splice is
to use the standard auto splicers. The type that has a "blade" that
slides down and cuts through the insulation then a cap folds over the
blade. Usually they are "Blue" but come in different colors for
different size wire. The tech support folks are good at
"Friendlymachines.com" and will usually guide you through any problems.
I've had mine for about 3 years and own two different models.
\jac

Old 10-02-2004, 04:21 PM
jac

Stuart Cracraft wrote:

[...]

Robomower Sale at robomower.biz ! Robomower Lawns 0 19-03-2006 02:46 AM
Robomower vs. sidewalks Shooter Dude Lawns 6 23-02-2004 10:05 AM
Robomower crm Lawns 13 12-10-2003 06:02 AM
robomow! - Friendly Robotics Robomower [email protected] Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:56 PM
robomow! - Friendly Robotics Robomower [email protected] Lawns 0 15-10-2002 03:17 PM