Old 15-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Wayne

Default Problem Cranking Power Washer..Tough Cord

I have a 6 horsepower (2350 psi) Craftsman power washer with a Briggs &
Stratten engine. Its about 6 years old and has about 12 hours of use on it.
Last year I had to dissassemble the carb in order to clean it out as it had
been sitting for awhile and the float was stuck. After reassembling the
carb, I was able to crank it up and I used it for about an hour. However, I
noticed that it was more difficult to pull the cord to crank it than
before...it was like, the force you experience on a mower when you don't
grip the saftey latch when you crank...like the brake pads were engaged on
the flywheel. However, the power washer has no such thing. Yesterday I got
it out and tried to crank it and ended up hurting my shoulder trying to
crank it. I've keep the oil at the right level and keep water running
through as not to burn it up/over heat it. Does it sound like it has
overheated anyway and bent the cam shaft, or something else? I haven't torn
down the engine yet, but I wanted to get some ideas what it might be before
I waste any more time with it. Thanks,

Wade

Old 16-02-2004, 06:12 AM
mudpiemaker42

you might try disconnecting the motor from the pump and try starting the
motor. that way you would know if it is the motor or the pump causing the
problem
ink.net...

New power washer tpow United Kingdom 3 10-05-2008 07:24 PM
Karcherpower washer spray problem OhNo United Kingdom 19 28-06-2006 08:28 PM
Hosepipe ban, power washer, water butt, pump - X-post David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 59 08-05-2006 10:52 AM
Splicing power cord on Submersible pump Jackson Ponds 4 07-02-2006 02:47 AM
Simoniz pressure washer serious problem Andy Kalsey Lawns 1 13-10-2003 05:32 PM