Old 05-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Dave

Default wire for split rail fence

Hi all,
Last fall I installed a 2 rail split rail fence. Roughly 400'. I
have seen some similiar fences with what looked like a rubber coated
wire attached to it. I went to some local fence dealers (SE MI) and
they all only had green. I took a sample home and I liked the black
coated much better. They said that they could only get green. Anyone
know where I could get some of the black. All I have seen on-line is
4x2 coated horse wire. While I saw this wire on a fence a long time
ago I'd swear that it was smaller. Also, how is it attached. I'd
assume staples. Is there an easy way to cut it as I have a lot of
sections to do. Purpose is to keep kids and dogs in and hopefully
skunks/other dogs out. Skunks have really been tearing up my lawn.
Less now that my grub count is lessening.

TIA
Dave

wire for split rail fence Dave Lawns 9 09-03-2004 04:13 AM
Wire fence Roger United Kingdom 3 27-02-2004 07:16 AM
Wire fence Roger United Kingdom 0 27-02-2004 12:19 AM
AD: Fence/ Trellis repair and maintenance made simple - Jake's Wire Tighteners C&C Fencing Supply Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
AD: Fence and trellis repair, maintenance made easy with Jake's Wire Tighteners C&C Fencing Supply Texas 0 04-04-2003 08:44 PM