GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Craftsman rider question ???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/55479-craftsman-rider-question.html)

Donny Nelms 14-03-2004 04:16 PM

Craftsman rider question ????

I have a craftsman riding mower that i bought in 1999. It is a 15.5 koler
42" deck. with a hydrostatic drive. The transmission gets hot after i mow
about half my yard and won't pull my hill. It does fine on level ground. I
am hoping to make it through this season cause it will be the last because
we are gonna sell out house. And i will buy a newer mower next year.Anyone
know what kind of fluid the transaxle should take? transmission fluid, motor
oil, gear oil? I'm hoping changing the fluid will get me by.

--

Donny Nelms

Union Electricians Do "IT" Without Shorts!