Old 17-03-2004, 01:37 AM
admin

Default Grass for Erosion Control on a Slope

Help! I have a pretty steep slope in my backyard that I have been
trying to get grass to grow evenly on for the last 5 years. Last year
it had a lot of crabgrass on it and I tried to patch it with Scott's
Patch in the fall. I went out yesterday and noticed that it looks
awful and a lot of soil has eroded, so it is uneven.
My question is what kind of grass would be best for it? I would like
something that will grow fast and will be tough since it is difficult
to mow. I am in Southern PA, 5 minutes from the Maryland border. The
slope is facing south and gets a lot of sun since there are no trees
around it. I am so confused by all the grass choices. One I found is
called Ridu hard fescue but I am not sure if that will work in this
area.

Thanks a million for ANY advice someone can give me. This has been a
long, tough battle!

Mike