Old 25-03-2004, 02:19 PM
DaddyMonkey

Default BRAND-NEW riding lawn tractor - thanks ROY!

Those were some great tips! I especially like the trick about using a
leaf-blower to clean the deck and engine compartment... something that
I've always had to do by hand.

I also plan on using synthetic oil for this tractor. I want to cut the
lawn a few times (2-3 hrs) and then change the oil using a regular 5W or
10W-30 base oil, then after several more cuts (5-7hrs) I'll switch to a
synthetic. I do not know what the break-in period is for this engine
(B&S 25hp INTEK V-twin) but I feel this should be about adequate time
for the parts (piston rings, cylinder walls, etc.) to get to 'know' one
another. Any thoughts on this?

I've also heard that for winter storage the battery should be fully
discharged by leaving the key and headlights in the on position. I have
never really given much thought about leaving the battery fully charged
and hooking-up a battery charger. It does seem like an excellent way of
starting the engine and running a little fuel through the carburetor,
and also allowing the piston rings to 'find' a new resting spot as the
engine is shut-down.

Thanks for the advice/input Roy. That was a nice, long well written
reply and I know that you put a lot of time into it just to help out a
stranger. Thank you.
I plan on doing the Amour-all trick to the tires... I'll let you know
how it goes.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 26-03-2004, 04:08 PM
BDT

Just a side note here. I have read your advice and all looks great. This
gives us all something to think about.
dan
"DaddyMonkey" wrote in message
[...]

Wiring for new replacement riding tractor engine? Brendan Lawns 1 14-05-2008 10:22 PM
The new lawn tractor is home, Ok thanks for busting my balls, links with pics of (some grass) Clark[_2_] Lawns 4 06-07-2007 09:03 PM
Riding Lawn Tractor Dave R Lawns 6 27-06-2004 08:03 AM
BRAND-NEW Lawn Tractor UP-DATE (Hey ROY!) DaddyMonkey Lawns 0 12-05-2004 06:05 AM
BRAND-NEW riding lawn tractor' DaddyMonkey Lawns 4 25-03-2004 09:54 AM