Old 26-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Jason Hochstetler

Default John Deere 345 Kawasaki Enging Surging

I have a JD 345 with a Kawasaki Engine. I purchased used. It is only
2 years old. When I purchased it I changed the oil to Mobile 1 fully
synthetic oil 10w30. When the engine warms up it surges real bad. I
just got it back from John deere to fix the problem and I still have
it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jason Hochstetler
Old 26-03-2004, 01:35 AM
Tom J

"Jason Hochstetler" wrote in message
om...
I have a JD 345 with a Kawasaki Engine. I purchased used. It is only
2 years old. When I purchased it I changed the oil to Mobile 1 fully
synthetic oil 10w30. When the engine warms up it surges real bad. I
just got it back from John deere to fix the problem and I still have
it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jason Hochstetler

If it was mine, I'd put in the oil Kawasaki/JD recommends for that engine &
then I'd put some carburetor cleaner in the gas tank - something like STP gas
treatment - to clean the gum out of the carb jets.

Tom J

Old 26-03-2004, 05:36 PM
William W. Plummer

&
then I'd put some carburetor cleaner in the gas tank - something like STP

gas
treatment - to clean the gum out of the carb jets.

At least with Briggs and Straton engines, the surging syndrome can be cured
by replacing the main gasket in the carburetor. This has the accelerator
pump diaphram on it. These things get hard with ages and just need
replacing. But a carb rebuild kit and throw away most of the jets and
springs etc. These are not bad, take time to replace, and you are likely to
introduce more problems than you cure. You can try adjusting things until
you are blue in the face but it won't work. Or you can pay somebody to
"tune it up" but all they do is the quickie rebuild.

Old 26-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Patch

"Jason Hochstetler" wrote in message
om...
I have a JD 345 with a Kawasaki Engine. I purchased used. It is only
2 years old. When I purchased it I changed the oil to Mobile 1 fully
synthetic oil 10w30. When the engine warms up it surges real bad. I
just got it back from John deere to fix the problem and I still have
it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jason Hochstetler

Yeah, take it back to John Deere & tell them to fix it right this time.

Fixing Surging - Briggs Stratton motor Mike H Gardening 3 12-07-2010 07:57 PM
Easy to see, Expat owns John Smith and John Smith is ExpatsPuppet on a String! hahahaha ..... Dance Johnny boy.. dance you fool!John Smith the puppet on a string John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 07-09-2008 04:42 PM
surging spruce JessicaG Gardening 0 18-04-2006 03:05 PM
John Deere F510 Riding Mower Keeps Blowing Fuses! C R R Lawns 0 29-03-2003 02:20 PM
John Deere 300 trans dipstick help Chris Szilagyi Gardening 0 28-01-2003 08:55 PM