Old 13-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Andy

Default B&S 35 classic on a push mower

Hi,

To transport my mower I folded the handle down and the pull cord started to
retract back into the engine. Now I can not fold the handle back out as the
pull cord seems to be jammed. Does anyone know of a release trick so I can
pull the cord out again?

Many thanks in advance,
Andy with long grass.

Old 14-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Steveo

"Andy" Please reply to the group wrote:
Hi,

To transport my mower I folded the handle down and the pull cord started
to retract back into the engine. Now I can not fold the handle back out
as the pull cord seems to be jammed. Does anyone know of a release trick
so I can pull the cord out again?

Many thanks in advance,
Andy with long grass.

Take the recoil start mechanism off, and take it to your local
lawnmower shop, is the easiest advice I can give you. He'll fix
it while you wait.
Old 14-04-2004, 03:33 AM
Chip Stein

Take the recoil start mechanism off, and take it to your local
lawnmower shop, is the easiest advice I can give you. He'll fix
it while you wait.

don't do that!! hold the handle down that you hold to keep the
mower running and the cord will pull right out. just disconnect the
plug wire first!
Chip
Old 14-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Andy

Stevo and Chip,

Thanks both for your swift response. I will try again tonight.

Cheers,
Andy.

Old 14-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Andy

I will try again tonight.

I couldn't wait until tonight. It works. Many, many thanks.

Andy,