Old 20-04-2004, 06:06 PM
tony

Default Cats!!!

Hi. My cat has taken to $#!TTing in the garden as opposed to the
woods where he used to go. How can I keep him outta' there?

tia
Old 20-04-2004, 07:14 PM
RoyDMercer

Why would you want to stop it? It's just extra fertilizer. If you really
want it to stop, prestone comes to mind, but then I'm not a big fan of cats.
You could also install a sandbox for the kids. I'm sure the cat would
prefer that.

Seriously though, the cat is going to go wherever the easiest place to dig
is. Your challenge is to make your garden a harder place for the cat to dig
than where you want it to crap. Landscaping cloth with a good layer of
coarse cedar mulch should work or you could use decorative gravel. There
are pet repellents which you can buy, but I haven't had much luck with them
lasting very long. Black pepper seems to work as a temporary solution. I
put whole black pepper corns in my potted plants to keep my dogs from
digging in them.

Old 20-04-2004, 08:07 PM

You could also install a sandbox for the kids. I'm sure the cat would
prefer that.

LOL! Too true.
Old 20-04-2004, 11:06 PM
William W. Plummer

"tony " wrote in message
Hi. My cat has taken to $#!TTing in the garden as opposed to the
woods where he used to go. How can I keep him outta' there?

Counseling will work as well as anything.

Old 21-04-2004, 02:10 PM
tony

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:59:46 GMT, "William W. Plummer"
wrote:

"tony " wrote in message
Hi. My cat has taken to $#!TTing in the garden as opposed to the
woods where he used to go. How can I keep him outta' there?

Counseling will work as well as anything.

When can he book an appointment with you?

thanks

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 09:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 08:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 01:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 08:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 02:04 AM