Old 22-04-2004, 02:06 AM

Default Moss in Yard

I have green moss growing all over my yard, short of using
round-up how can I get rid of it?
Old 22-04-2004, 03:10 AM
William W. Plummer

wrote in message
I have green moss growing all over my yard, short of using
round-up how can I get rid of it?

Use lime, REAL lime. Not limestone. You can probably find "hydrated lime"
at your local nursery, but anhydrous lime (CaO) is the real stuff. But be
careful because it is terribly caustic. "Limestone" is really pulverized
seashells, CaC03 and has almost no effect on the pH.

Old 22-04-2004, 08:03 AM
DIE SPAMMER !!!

Get a bag or two of Moss Out granules, spread it out and water real
good. You will see it dark brown in 5 days which means its dead.

Old 23-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Chet Hayes

I agree. I would use one of the commercial moss killers, which are
effective. Raising the PH will also kill moss, but the level to kill
it quickly will leave the soil with a PH higher than desirable for
grasss.

It's also not true that the garden type lime products have no effect
on PH. They do, they just take a long time to work, which is why you
can apply them anytime without burning the lawn, which is not true of
contractor's lime.

[IBC] Moss dressing pots was : culitvating moss on a large scale Kev Bailey Bonsai 2 20-07-2005 04:59 PM
Moss rose, anyone have one in their yard? GamePlayer No. 1058 Roses 4 27-05-2003 06:44 PM
Craftsman 4-in-1 Plus Yard Vacuum Steve Touchstone Gardening 0 01-05-2003 05:08 AM
shady yard DJ BLAG Gardening 4 02-02-2003 12:29 PM
Re-Grading a Back Yard Billy Gardening 4 26-01-2003 09:17 PM