GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wood fence and vines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/59664-wood-fence-vines.html)

dr who 22-04-2004 09:11 PM

wood fence and vines

I have a wood fence surrounding my house and would like to plant an
evergreen vine that will cover it. I would prefer something that flowers,
maybe roses.
The fence is a tight picket privacy type, 6 foot tall and the spacing
between the boards is about 1/16 inch. I live in zone 7, maryland.
What would grow to cover it in about 2 to 3 years maximum, without
damaging the fence?

Steve Parrish 29-04-2004 02:07 PM

wood fence and vines

Look at the 'Lady Banks' rose. Not really a rose in the traditional sense of
the word, but makes hundreds of small yellow blossoms and grows under a wide
range of conditions. Good luck.

kyrustic 30-04-2004 10:02 PM

wood fence and vines

I have a fence behind my house that is covered with honey suckle. It was
there when I bought the house. I decided to leave it because it smells so
good when it is in bloom.
Support American Families, Buy Made In USA!
Kentucky Rustic Barrels
http://www.KentuckyRustic.com