Old 22-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Marvin L. Zinn

Default Tomato plants

Between the spam and the jokes, I am not sure it is
safe to ask a serious question here, but I'll try
anyway. Perhaps it'll be good for my sense of humor
even if I don't get a logical answer.

This is my first attempt at starting tomato plants
indoors. After two or three weeks I have little plants
growing between one and three inches tall, each with
two opposing direction, medium green leaves at the top.
The problem is, they all look about the same, and there
are perhaps twice as many plants as there were seeds,
and some of them appear where there weren't supposed to
be any seeds at all.

Can young tomato plants look like other plants?

Can one seed produce more than one branch coming up
from the soil?

Can a plant grow underground and come up a couple
inches from where I planted it?

BONUS QUESTION:
ARE THESE TOMATO PLANTS OR WEEDS? (Guaranteed "A" for
the correct answer to this one.)

Thanx,

marvin
Marvin L. Zinn