Old 25-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Mick

Default Throttle Adjustment on Honda Harmony II?

I have a Honda Harmony II mower. It's three years old now, and not getting
full power to the wheels. On even slight uphill inclines I have to push a
little. I notice that if I pull sideways on the exposed part of the
throttle cable, the drive zips right along, so I guess the cable must be
loose or stretched. Is there a way to adjust it? I'd rather not tear it
apart myself unless I know it can be done. TIA!
---Mick

Old 27-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Chet Hayes

Did you read the manual? My Harmony 215 has a section on adjusting
the safety clutch cable, drive clutch cable, etc.

Also, sounds like this may be a clutch issue, rather than a throttle
one. Is the engine running at full speed while this is happening?
Old 28-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Mick

Chet,
Thanks for the reply. You're right, it's the clutch cable. I was using the
wrong term. When I pull the exposed part of the clutch cable sideways, it
zips right along. My manual doesn't say anything about any cable or lever
adjustments. If yours has something fairly brief, would you mind posting?
TIA!
---Mick

m...

Old 28-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Chet Hayes

My Honda is a Harmony 215, not a Harmony II. If the owner's manual
doesn't have the adjustment info, I suggest buying a service manual.
Or perhaps someone else has the info.