Old 25-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Bill

Default carburetor adjustment questions

These questions pertain to a Trim-rite Edger model TR515K with a TC II
(Tecumseh) 1.5 Hp two-stroke engine model TC200 2108 2058G and a
Tillotson carburetor:

1) What are the initial settings for the high and low needles? Also,
how do you adjust these since there is virtually no clearance between
the engine and the edger blade housing. The high is your normal
needle that sticks out and has a anti-vibration coil spring; but the
low is recessed in the adjacent hole and looks more like a jet than a
needle (the engine won't run without backing it out some though).

2) The speed seems to be set by bending a tang tensioning the main
governor spring (which the trottle linkage anti-backlash spring seems
to interfere with). How do you adjust the speed without taking off
the magneto cover?

3) Where do you anchor the ends of the anti-backlash spring on the
trottle linkage? The governor/carburetor linkages are so poorly
designed from a maintenance point of view, how did this kludge make it
to the marketplace?

4) Why isn't the spring on the trottle plate shaft arranged so as to
close the trottle? It doesn't have the usual hooked ends.

I am aware that this edger probably isn't worthy of your valuable time
and efforts but I have invested so much time and energy I can't give
up now. So, please take pity on me and post some guidance so that
your humble servant may once again take joy in a new project.

Humblest regards,
WNL