GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree recommendation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/59932-tree-recommendation.html)

Mark 26-04-2004 05:11 AM

Tree recommendation

I live in northeastern Oklahoma and would like a recomendation for a fast
growing shade tree.

RoyDMercer 26-04-2004 06:10 AM

Tree recommendation

"Mark" wrote in message
I live in northeastern Oklahoma and would like a recomendation for a fast
growing shade tree.

I used to live in Tulsa. When I was there I planted a Lacebark Elm (AKA
Chinese Elm). I planted it as a small 5 gal tree. In 5 years it was at
least 20 ft tall and 15 ft wide. When fully mature they can get to be
around 40 ft tall and they make an excellent shade tree. Paul James (host
of DIY network's Gardening by the Yard and master gardener) also lives in
Tulsa. He highly recommends the Lacebark Elm also. You can find them at
Lowe's for about $20.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_trees_sh...372061,00.html

Mark 27-04-2004 05:06 AM

Tree recommendation

I should have guessed you were from Tulsa just because of your name.

BTW, how big a boy are you?

RoyDMercer 27-04-2004 06:05 AM

Tree recommendation

I'm big enough to whoop yer ass and be home in time to watch Oprah. I'll be
on you like a rat on a cheeto.

Long live Roy. I sure do miss him now that I'm not in Tulsa anymore.

Mark 29-04-2004 05:08 AM

Tree recommendation

I already got me some pop-knots on my head, and I'm fixin' to come down on
you with a 55 gallon drum o' whoop ass.

Ermalina 30-04-2004 08:02 AM

Tree recommendation

RoyDMercer wrote:

I'm big enough to whoop yer ass and be home in time to watch Oprah.
I'll be on you like a rat on a cheeto.

Long live Roy. I sure do miss him now that I'm not in Tulsa anymore.

A bit of Roy has been immortalized at:

http://redstavern.wirs.com/sounds.htm

I stumbled on it when I was trying to figg'r what you ol' boys was jaw'n
'bout.

RoyDMercer 01-05-2004 01:02 AM

Tree recommendation

Or you can just go to the official web site at: http://www.roydmercer.com