Old 26-04-2004, 05:22 PM
SaM

Default grass seed in canada

With all the different grass seeds available, in general what is the best
grass seed combination for me?
I live in Ontario Canada. the lawn is in full sun. I have had past
problems with chinch bugs in current grass.

SaM

Old 27-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Peter H

"SaM" wrote in message
.. .
With all the different grass seeds available, in general what is the best
grass seed combination for me?
I live in Ontario Canada. the lawn is in full sun. I have had past
problems with chinch bugs in current grass.

SaM

Sod in Ontario is grown from perennial ryegrass and kentucy bluegrass. Both
do well in full sun conditions. Sooooo... if you are trying to match what's
left of your existing lawn and prevent it looking patchy I would recommend a
blend of those two.

btw. you should always buy your grass seed from a garden centre or nursery
and not from a hardware store. The few dollars more that you may spend on
the seed will be well worth it.

Also August is the best time to seed a new lawn here.

Peter H

Old 27-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Steveo

"Peter H" wrote:
"SaM" wrote in message
.. .
With all the different grass seeds available, in general what is the
best grass seed combination for me?
I live in Ontario Canada. the lawn is in full sun. I have had past
problems with chinch bugs in current grass.

SaM

Sod in Ontario is grown from perennial ryegrass and kentucy bluegrass.
Both do well in full sun conditions. Sooooo... if you are trying to match
what's left of your existing lawn and prevent it looking patchy I would
recommend a blend of those two.

btw. you should always buy your grass seed from a garden centre or
nursery and not from a hardware store. The few dollars more that you may
spend on the seed will be well worth it.

Also August is the best time to seed a new lawn here.

Peter H

Hi Peter, are they playing around with any of the turf-type
tall fescue blends up there?

Canada Green Grass too good to be true? Ablang Lawns 0 27-02-2007 02:22 AM
Sowed grass seed, when will grass appear? MM United Kingdom 7 27-04-2005 02:39 AM
Hole in Ice - Canada Joel Ponds 15 19-11-2003 02:42 AM
Canada seed supplier? Barnet Gardening 4 04-07-2003 12:56 PM
Hole in Ice - Canada Joel Ponds (alternative) 12 14-02-2003 11:03 PM