Old 28-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Tom Rossi

Default St. Augustine Grass Weed Control

Okay, I'm trying get better at maintaining my own lawn. I have this
weed or crab grass that I have looked up on the Internet and believe
to be Globe Sedge. I can spray this stuff with Round Up and it still
won't die. I've used Scott's Bonus S -- nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tom
Old 29-04-2004, 02:07 AM
RoyDMercer

"Tom Rossi" wrote in message
om...
Okay, I'm trying get better at maintaining my own lawn. I have this
weed or crab grass that I have looked up on the Internet and believe
to be Globe Sedge. I can spray this stuff with Round Up and it still
won't die. I've used Scott's Bonus S -- nothing.

Any suggestions?

Use a product called Image. It's very effective against sedges.

Old 29-04-2004, 05:04 AM
Steve Parrish

The Atrazine in the Bonus S isn't effective on sedges at all. Roundup
probably will take the top off of it, but the root will come right back.
Image is good but you'll probably have to use it in combination with 529
MSMA. The other option is a product called Manage that is labeled for purple
and yellow netsedge. Might work on globe sedge too.

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
om...

Old 30-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Tom Rossi

"Steve Parrish" wrote in message news:lB_jc.10176$iy5.10097@okepread05...
The Atrazine in the Bonus S isn't effective on sedges at all. Roundup
probably will take the top off of it, but the root will come right back.
Image is good but you'll probably have to use it in combination with 529
MSMA. The other option is a product called Manage that is labeled for purple
and yellow netsedge. Might work on globe sedge too.

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
"Tom Rossi" wrote in message
om...
Okay, I'm trying get better at maintaining my own lawn. I have this
weed or crab grass that I have looked up on the Internet and believe
to be Globe Sedge. I can spray this stuff with Round Up and it still
won't die. I've used Scott's Bonus S -- nothing.

Any suggestions?

Use a product called Image. It's very effective against sedges.

What will happen if I lay down the Image without MSMA? Someone else
posted that it shouldn't be used with St. Augustine.

Also, can you tell me if I can lay down Image, if I have recently laid
down Bonus S?

THANKS!

Old 01-05-2004, 12:02 AM
RoyDMercer

"Tom Rossi" wrote in message
om...
"Steve Parrish" wrote in message

The Atrazine in the Bonus S isn't effective on sedges at all. Roundup
probably will take the top off of it, but the root will come right back.
Image is good but you'll probably have to use it in combination with 529
MSMA. The other option is a product called Manage that is labeled for

purple
and yellow netsedge. Might work on globe sedge too.

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message
"Tom Rossi" wrote in message
om...
Okay, I'm trying get better at maintaining my own lawn. I have this
weed or crab grass that I have looked up on the Internet and believe
to be Globe Sedge. I can spray this stuff with Round Up and it

still
won't die. I've used Scott's Bonus S -- nothing.

Any suggestions?

Use a product called Image. It's very effective against sedges.

What will happen if I lay down the Image without MSMA? Someone else
posted that it shouldn't be used with St. Augustine.

Also, can you tell me if I can lay down Image, if I have recently laid
down Bonus S?

THANKS!

I haven't had a problem just using Image by itself. It takes several weeks
to kill sedges so some people think it doesn't work well, but you just have
to be patient with it. I do prefer to use it via a hose-end sprayer. I
noticed this year they have started selling it with the hose-end sprayer
built in.

new grass growth vs weed control coykiesaol Lawns 0 05-01-2011 07:50 AM
Buffalo Grass lawns - was: Establishing/nurturing a lawn of St Augustine grass Felix Karpfen Gardening 0 21-03-2004 07:42 PM
St. Augustine grass zxcvar Lawns 2 27-08-2003 04:03 AM
Question about Lawn Program Central Florida St Augustine Grass Ebbtide Lawns 2 19-05-2003 11:44 PM
St. augustine grass question mike Gardening 2 26-01-2003 06:30 PM