Old 30-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Brandon Herlein

Default round-up then grass seeding

going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it
is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how
long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down
grass seed???

Old 01-05-2004, 01:02 AM
GFRfan

Brandon Herlein wrote:
going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it
is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how
long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down
grass seed???

5 to 7 days should be enough.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman
Old 01-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Chet Hayes

GFRfan wrote in message ...
Brandon Herlein wrote:
going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it
is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how
long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down
grass seed???

5 to 7 days should be enough.

Yes, 7 days is fine. Howver, it's getting late to be seeding a new
lawn in Iowa. Early fall is by far the optimum time, followed by
early spring. Be prepared to do a lot of watering, and you'll have
serious competition from weeds.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:09 PM
GFRfan

Chet Hayes wrote:
GFRfan wrote in message ...

Brandon Herlein wrote:

going to kill off a area of the yard with round-up cause the majority of it
is all weeds or water grass. I want to start a new lawn here in Iowa. how
long should I wait after applying round-up before tilling and putting down
grass seed???

5 to 7 days should be enough.

Yes, 7 days is fine. Howver, it's getting late to be seeding a new
lawn in Iowa. Early fall is by far the optimum time, followed by
early spring. Be prepared to do a lot of watering, and you'll have
serious competition from weeds.

Good point. But I've had fair results seeding before the end of May here
in central Iowa. It's been pretty cool this year.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman

Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 0 01-04-2004 09:56 AM
Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 2 01-04-2004 09:43 AM
Grass seeding limey Gardening 2 04-03-2004 04:05 AM
HELP...grass seeding Peter Gardening 8 02-11-2003 07:12 PM
Seeding backyard with grass seed The Filers Lawns 8 29-05-2003 10:44 PM