GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help: Electric Lawn mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/60916-help-electric-lawn-mower.html)

Ralph H. Stoos Jr. 09-05-2004 06:05 AM

Help: Electric Lawn mower

All,

My mother has arthritis bad and needs to purchase an electric lawn mower
that is self propelled. I am not certain such a thing exists.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

I am going to research the major manufacturers but if anyone knows of
any drop me a note at:

Thanks,

Ralph

RoyDMercer 09-05-2004 09:03 AM

Electric Lawn mower

"Ralph H. Stoos Jr." wrote in message
. ..
All,

My mother has arthritis bad and needs to purchase an electric lawn mower
that is self propelled. I am not certain such a thing exists.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

I am going to research the major manufacturers but if anyone knows of
any drop me a note at:

My mother has severe arthritis also. The biggest problem she had with a gas
mower was starting the thing. Snapper makes a gas self propelled mower
which has an electric start (or at least they used to a few years ago, but
I'm assuming they still make the same model).

Here's another solution that might work: http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/

Zito the Zit 09-05-2004 10:06 PM

Help: Electric Lawn mower

Ralph H. Stoos Jr. wrote:
All,

My mother has arthritis bad and needs to purchase an electric lawn mower
that is self propelled. I am not certain such a thing exists.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

I am going to research the major manufacturers but if anyone knows of
any drop me a note at:

Thanks,

Ralph

I would think she would be better off just paying someone $20 (or
whatever) each week to cut it for her.

Ralph H. Stoos Jr. 10-05-2004 01:05 AM

Help: Electric Lawn mower

All,

I appreciate the feedback. My mother wants to keep active so she will
not hire someone for just mowing.

Also, the already have a very nice Cub Cadet self-propelled mower but it
is too heavy for her to move around. They have 5 1/2 acres of lawn and
my father does the bulk of it with a john Deere tractor. My mother just
wants the electric for the "close" stuff.

I will keep looking. Thanks a bunch.

Ralph

Gemini 11-05-2004 02:13 AM

Help: Electric Lawn mower

This one is not self propelled... but damn easy to push and would be just
fine for "close" stuff.

http://www.countryhomeproducts.com/T...ome&LinkType=3

.. .