Old 18-05-2004, 03:23 AM
GFRfan

Default Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground)

I Am Not George wrote:
"Landshark" wrote in message .com...

"Steveo" wrote in message

WA3MOJ-George (I Am Not George) wrote:

Steveo wrote in message
. ..

What the hell does this have to do with lawn and garden? Maybe someone
should start a news group for morons. Then you'd have a place to go with
people you can relate to.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman
Old 18-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Timothy

On Mon, 17 May 2004 11:16:46 -0700, FGreen wrote:

Thanks Timothy, and others, for responses. I'm learning.

I decided to use 'some' chemicals before redoing the lawn. I feel like I
missed the boat for seeding (in terms of timing), since it's getting warm
here in New England.

For sodding, can it be done in June, maybe even July and be ok?

Now, this is my plan of action
1. Rototill the existing lawn
2. Cover it up (~1000 ft^2) with tarp to kill the weeds (and whatever
else was growing with weeds) - ~2 weeks? 3. Put in some new top soil
4. Apply weed killer chemicals
5. Re-sod
6. Water
7. Water more

Step 1 can be done in a half day, 3,4,5 can be done in another day after
tarp comes off. Sound about right?

If I was hired to do the job I would:
1 spray the whole lawn area with finale.
2 wait 2/ 3 days for the finale to kick in.
3 spread 10+ yards of topsoil and lay sod.
4 Fertilize with 16-16-16 , water and hand you a bill 80)

As far as tarps and the like go... It takes quite a while for tarping to
kill off perennial weeds. Time is something that you do not have so
spraying will be your only true option. Dandy lions and other perennial
weeds can and most likly will work their way up through the sod over time.
I personally wouldn't chance it and would take the extra effort to do it
right the first time.

Btw, what they charging you for sod out there..?
Good luck to ya.......
Old 18-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Landshark

"AKC KennelMaster" wrote in message

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
In ,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

Steveo wrote in message

(Nofrankgilliland) wrote:
Hes a faggot he will chase you or twist or landshark where
ever you go he likes your ass

He's pathetic.

you think so well heres your chance I will come to you steveo or
whatever your name really is, I will buy a E ticket for Cleveland

this
weekend and drive a rental car to your door, I will even post the
flight number and other details in the NG, but only after you post
your valid addess and phone number I will not waste money on proving
you cowardice. now Go sidestep that one assbucket

I'll play the Devil's advocate here and ask what guarantee he has

that you
would show up?

How can some one guarantee such a thing I am open to suggestons, so
far this guy moparholic has been able to hide who he really is while
harassing two hams at there homes. the big question is how can you
guarantee that any address he gives is a real one and not a fake, he
has been hiding for a long time I doubt he will come out in the open
because he is a geniune chicken. The offer still stands moparholic or
whoever you are, I will meet you on your front lawn and you can have
the first swing free.

And your name is?

LOL!!! Yeah it's ok for you to threaten to send emails to
my work, family, friends. It's ok for you to threaten to call my
house and tell my wife lies, call my work and do the same thing,
yeah, kettle-pot..................... Same rhetoric for the past 4 years
from you know who.

Landshark

--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.

Old 18-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I Am Not George

"Landshark" wrote in message .com...
"AKC KennelMaster" wrote in message

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
In ,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

Steveo wrote in message

(Nofrankgilliland) wrote:
[...]

please provide some posts to back it up, assrod, I dont remember
making any such threats to you. You have been caught smoking balls in
other Ng's you then get mad because you were found out, cry cry all
you want You monkey spanker...
Old 20-05-2004, 11:08 PM
FGreen

If I was hired to do the job I would:
1 spray the whole lawn area with finale.
2 wait 2/ 3 days for the finale to kick in.
3 spread 10+ yards of topsoil and lay sod.
4 Fertilize with 16-16-16 , water and hand you a bill 80)

As far as tarps and the like go... It takes quite a while for tarping to
kill off perennial weeds. Time is something that you do not have so
spraying will be your only true option. Dandy lions and other perennial
weeds can and most likly will work their way up through the sod over time.
I personally wouldn't chance it and would take the extra effort to do it
right the first time.

Btw, what they charging you for sod out there..?
Good luck to ya.......

Makes sense. I'll just spray either Finale (can't find it?) or
Weed-B-Gone and wait a week or so, cover it with top soil, and sod
over it.

For sod, they're charging somewhere between $3-4 for 9 sq. ft
(6'x1.5'). So, for ~1400 sq. ft. I'm looking at (my initial guess was
off), the sod alone would be ~$600. Not sure how much top soil would
cost to cover the area.

Does anyone know where to get top soil in Massachusetts?

Redoing the lawn Carlo Lawns 0 21-04-2007 04:47 PM
Help! Suggestions/advice please for installing posts for yard fence in rocky ground? Ken Moiarty Lawns 10 05-05-2006 03:55 AM