Old 16-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Phil Jones

Default tulips

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let the
flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

Old 16-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:11:58 -0500, Phil Jones wrote:

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let
the flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

I wait untill the follage has turned yellow and trim it to the ground. I
tend to plant some sort of annual in it's place to take up the space. In
the spring the tulip will be back.

Old 17-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Phil Jones

thanks much!!!!

"Timothy" wrote in message
s.com...
On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:11:58 -0500, Phil Jones wrote:

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from

store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let
the flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

I wait untill the follage has turned yellow and trim it to the ground. I
tend to plant some sort of annual in it's place to take up the space. In
the spring the tulip will be back.

Tulips ? What tulips ? Terry Coombs Gardening 14 29-03-2016 04:43 PM
Digging up perfectly good tulips (was Moving tulips) Bill Oliver Gardening 16 01-06-2003 07:56 PM
tulips question seeking Gardening 1 20-04-2003 12:20 AM
Tulips Dave&Dana Gaunky Gardening 4 12-03-2003 12:20 AM
Tulips and Varmints MJC North Carolina 7 06-03-2003 02:39 AM