GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   And the cutting begins... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/61623-cutting-begins.html)

CJ 18-05-2004 02:27 PM

And the cutting begins...

Here in Maine the cutting has begun! After an early spring spreading 8+
yards of loam, rolling, seeding and watering, I finally decided that
yesterday would be when I pulled the trigger on running the mower (seeds
have been germed for 4 weeks or so-It looked like a hayfield out there).
I am pleased to announce that the new growth made it through just fine and
the old lawn is looking better than it has in years.
Now I can take a break.
BTW I have a new mower/tractor that I am very pleased with, The Husqvarna
LTH2042. It only cost about 1700 bucks and rides around the grass like a
little sportscar. Comes with all the features of a higher end tractor
(cast iron axle, cup holder (important!), huge back tires, bigger seat but
instead of a V-twin it runs a 20hp Kohler single cylinder. Just for those
who might care.

good luck to all this season!
cj