GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Craftsman Mowers....So Slow! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/61624-craftsman-mowers-so-slow.html)

Mike B 18-05-2004 03:27 PM

Craftsman Mowers....So Slow!

Wondering if this is typical of all Craftsman mowers.I will say first that
this mower cuts very well, plenty of power....
I swear this mower is dangerous, only because one could fall asleep
while mowing. It is a 6.75 hp rear drive w/variable speed control. There is
a pic of a turtle on one end of the lever and a hare on the other. It
litterally crawls. It is in the Sears shop as I speak. I bought a Craftsman
previous to this one and had it back to their shop 3 times trying to address
the same problem. They could not, so replaced it free with this one. Same
problem. Speed control is ineffective. Moving the lever from slow to fast
makes no difference whatsoever. Frustrating

Sarge 28-05-2004 11:04 PM

Craftsman Mowers....So Slow!

That control sounds like the engine throttle. Should always be on the rabbit
when mowing. Is there not another control to change gears?
Most have a 2nd control with N 1 2 3...