Old 18-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Mike B

Default Craftsman Mowers....So Slow!

Wondering if this is typical of all Craftsman mowers.I will say first that
this mower cuts very well, plenty of power....
I swear this mower is dangerous, only because one could fall asleep
while mowing. It is a 6.75 hp rear drive w/variable speed control. There is
a pic of a turtle on one end of the lever and a hare on the other. It
litterally crawls. It is in the Sears shop as I speak. I bought a Craftsman
previous to this one and had it back to their shop 3 times trying to address
the same problem. They could not, so replaced it free with this one. Same
problem. Speed control is ineffective. Moving the lever from slow to fast
makes no difference whatsoever. Frustrating

Old 28-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Sarge

That control sounds like the engine throttle. Should always be on the rabbit
when mowing. Is there not another control to change gears?
Most have a 2nd control with N 1 2 3...

"Mike B" wrote in message
Wondering if this is typical of all Craftsman mowers.I will say first that
this mower cuts very well, plenty of power....
I swear this mower is dangerous, only because one could fall asleep
while mowing. It is a 6.75 hp rear drive w/variable speed control. There

is
a pic of a turtle on one end of the lever and a hare on the other. It
litterally crawls. It is in the Sears shop as I speak. I bought a

Craftsman
previous to this one and had it back to their shop 3 times trying to

address
the same problem. They could not, so replaced it free with this one. Same
problem. Speed control is ineffective. Moving the lever from slow to fast
makes no difference whatsoever. Frustrating

Lotus Pond is Looking Mighty Slow Nedra Ponds 14 23-04-2003 06:20 PM
[IBC] Full Moon = Slow List John NJ Bonsai 3 20-03-2003 05:56 PM
OT - Read em slow RichToyBox Ponds 0 04-03-2003 02:28 AM
Slow Germinating Tomatoes? Fleemo Gardening 5 03-03-2003 07:15 AM
Schultz "Multi Cote" Slow Release Rose & Flower Chow Shiva Roses 6 18-02-2003 07:03 PM