GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone else with a Craftman mower? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/61715-anyone-else-craftman-mower.html)

Mike B 19-05-2004 03:06 PM

Anyone else with a Craftman mower?

Wondering if this is typical of all Craftsman mowers.I will say first that
this mower cuts very well, plenty of power....
I swear this mower is dangerous, only because one could fall asleep
while mowing. It is a 6.75 hp rear drive w/variable speed control. There is
a pic of a turtle on one end of the lever and a hare on the other. It
litterally crawls. It is in the Sears shop as I speak. I bought a Craftsman
previous to this one and had it back to their shop 3 times trying to address
the same problem. They could not, so replaced it free with this one. Same
problem. Speed control is ineffective. Moving the lever from slow to fast
makes no difference whatsoever. Frustrating

William W. Plummer 19-05-2004 06:14 PM

"Mike B" wrote in message
Wondering if this is typical of all Craftsman mowers.I will say first that
this mower cuts very well, plenty of power....
I swear this mower is dangerous, only because one could fall asleep
while mowing. It is a 6.75 hp rear drive w/variable speed control. There

is
a pic of a turtle on one end of the lever and a hare on the other. It
litterally crawls. It is in the Sears shop as I speak. I bought a

Craftsman
previous to this one and had it back to their shop 3 times trying to

address
the same problem. They could not, so replaced it free with this one. Same
problem. Speed control is ineffective. Moving the lever from slow to fast
makes no difference whatsoever. Frustrating

That's a throttle control, not a speed control. The throttle regulates the
amount of power produced, noise and fuel consumption. That's why my Sears
tracter has 5 speeds, selected by a separate lever. The motor is designed
to run at constant RPMs.