Old 29-05-2004, 04:17 AM
Marc Williams

Default Whats the best way to get rid of moles in your yard?

My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard.
Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that.
Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year
about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the
best way to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Marc Williams
Old 29-05-2004, 06:07 AM
RoyDMercer

"Marc Williams" wrote in message
om...
My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard.
Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that.
Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year
about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the
best way to get rid of them?

Harpoon mole traps. If you're squeamish about killing them you can pee in
their holes (or poor it from a cup if you're worried about the neighbors
talking). They don't like human urine so supposedly it will drive them away
although personally I haven't tried this method. Poison is no good because
they won't eat it.

Old 31-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Dave

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message ...
"Marc Williams" wrote in message
om...
My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard.
Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that.
Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year
about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the
best way to get rid of them?

Simple... Light a road flare and shove it in their hole. Try to keep
all of the smoke and sulfer from escaping. This works for ground
squirls as well. Trust me,,, they will move.

Old 18-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Clayton1970

I heard if you roll up pieces of Juicyfruit or double mint gum and stick it
in the holes they think it a grub and eat it. If your are squeamish like
RoyDMercer asks though about killing them then don't try this.

--

Clayton

"Do not shed your tears for me, I was not born to watch the world grow dim.
For life is not determined in years, but rather by the deeds of men." -
Unknown

Old 19-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Jim Sullivan

"Marc Williams" wrote in message
om...
My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard.
Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that.
Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year
about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the
best way to get rid of them?

Take away their food supply. Their eating the grubs in the lawn, so kill
the grubs. I also use the gopher bombs to gas their tunnels. Haven't
gotten rid of them, but have reduced their damage and kept them off the
lawn.

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington

Old 19-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Steveo

"Jim Sullivan" wrote:
"Marc Williams" wrote in message
om...
My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard.
Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that.
Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year
about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the
best way to get rid of them?

Take away their food supply. Their eating the grubs in the lawn, so kill
the grubs. I also use the gopher bombs to gas their tunnels. Haven't
gotten rid of them, but have reduced their damage and kept them off the
lawn.

Moles eat more earthworms than they do grubs. The only good mole control
are mole traps, if they are really a problem.

My cats and dogs dig them up and do more damage than the mole would of.

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html
Old 19-06-2004, 07:06 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:20:36 -0700, "Clayton1970"
wrote:

I heard if you roll up pieces of Juicyfruit or double mint gum and stick it
in the holes they think it a grub and eat it. If your are squeamish like
RoyDMercer asks though about killing them then don't try this.

Is this to freshen the moles' breath?

:\

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********************************
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs Classifieds.
Old 19-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Dave

LOL

***********************************
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs

Classifieds.

***

Old 19-06-2004, 09:03 PM

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:10:04 -0700, "Clayton1970"
wrote:

Actually it gets stuck in the intestinal systems and ends up killing them.

I had to google this, and found it's a myth, and you know if it's on
the web, it has to be true. I still find it funny, and bazare at
the same time.

http://urlbee.com?37

Search for gum on this page, it's in the posion pellet paragraph.

later,

Old 20-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Clayton1970

Thanks for the info.......like I said in my OP it was something I heard but
never tried. Guess the best way to rid them is still a .22 cal

Old 20-06-2004, 05:05 AM
GFRfan

Clayton1970 wrote:
Actually it gets stuck in the intestinal systems and ends up killing them.

From my experience, it's not true.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman