Old 29-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Tyshun Hampton

Default Grubs!!

Can anyone tell me what are the tail tell signs of grub damage? I think my
yard may be suffering from this. I have a couple of spots in my grass about
the size of basketballs. Can you please tell me if this what the problem
could be?

Thanks

Ty

Old 29-05-2004, 08:06 PM

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:11:36 -0500, "Tyshun Hampton"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the tail tell signs of grub damage? I think my
yard may be suffering from this. I have a couple of spots in my grass about
the size of basketballs. Can you please tell me if this what the problem
could be?

Thanks

Ty

Take a shovel and see if the dead spots come right up, like a layer of
carpet. If so, check under around the edges for grubs.

FYI: I've been told that a yard will have some grubs, it's when
either the yard is unhealthy or the population is large, does the lawn
suffer.

Remember dog urine can be also a culpit for brown spots. The center
will be dead, but around the edges the grass will look darker. Do you
have a female dog?

hth,

tom

***************** Check Us Out *****************
http://www.CarFleaMarket.com
Bringing back low-cost online car ads to the web!
Old 30-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Chet Hayes

Can anyone tell me what are the tail tell signs of grub damage? I think my
yard may be suffering from this. I have a couple of spots in my grass about
the size of basketballs. Can you please tell me if this what the problem
could be?

Thanks

Ty

Where are you located? For most of North America, grub damage occurs
principally in late summer, early fall when they are feeding near the
surface. There can be some damage in spring as well, though less
common.

As was pointed out, having the dead grass peel back like carpet is one
sign. Removing a couple of test areas of turf and seeing how many
grubs are there is one way to find out. If you have a couple in a
square foot, it's not likely the real problem. More than that, I
would treat.

How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
Get rid of Grubs Bub Lawns 4 09-05-2003 04:56 AM
Grubs Heather Gardening 29 14-04-2003 03:56 AM
Grubs Heather Roses 3 11-04-2003 04:32 PM
grubs ideekay Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM