GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Minimum time between mowings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/62865-minimum-time-between-mowings.html)

[email protected] 01-06-2004 06:05 PM

Minimum time between mowings?

I've been keeping my grass at 3" this year, and following the
one-third rule, and it looks great.

But we've had a solid week of rain, and the grass was really long.
I mowed it at the highest setting, which is about 4".

When should I mow it again at 3"? Will 2 days be enough time for it
to "recover" ?

RoyDMercer 02-06-2004 12:16 AM

wrote in message
I've been keeping my grass at 3" this year, and following the
one-third rule, and it looks great.

But we've had a solid week of rain, and the grass was really long.
I mowed it at the highest setting, which is about 4".

When should I mow it again at 3"? Will 2 days be enough time for it
to "recover" ?

It depends on how fast it is growing. Right now my grass is growing so fast
I'm mowing it every 3-4 days. I would say if you only take it back to 3.5"
or so after a couple of days you should be OK. Then gradually work it back
to your 3" mark. You'll be able to tell because if you mow a path and the
lawn is not green, you've taken too much off.