Old 01-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Solomon

Default Sprinkler system fuse

The 0.75 amp fuse on my Sprinkler system controller (Hunter SRC for
residence) keeps blowing off everytime I try to run the sprinkler
system. I visually checked the first station's wiring and did not
find any shortcircuit. How can I figure out what the problem is? Any
advice is welcome. Thanks

...solo
Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM
RoyDMercer

"Solomon" wrote in message
om...
The 0.75 amp fuse on my Sprinkler system controller (Hunter SRC for
residence) keeps blowing off everytime I try to run the sprinkler
system. I visually checked the first station's wiring and did not
find any shortcircuit. How can I figure out what the problem is? Any
advice is welcome. Thanks

The first thing you should try is disconnecting all the wiring from your
stations (labeling each one first), then run the system and see if the fuse
blows. If it doesn't blow, you probably have a problem external to the
controller. If it still blows, you either have a bad transformer, or your
controller is bad. Using a multimeter, the transformer should put out
somewhere around 23-28 volts AC. If you think the problem is external, hook
the stations up one at a time, running each one, until you find the one that
blows the fuse. That station probably has a bad valve that needs to be
replaced. Or you can check each station individually while it is
disconnected. Using a multimeter on the Ohms scale, check the resistance of
each station wire against the common wire. They all should be close,
probably around 50 Ohms or more, but if you find one that is much lower than
the others, you've probably found the one that is bad.