Old 03-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Dan J.S.

Default What evergreen bush to use as fence?

I am thinking about fencing off part of a street by putting up some
evergreen bushes. The street is a 25MPH street, but I am trying to create
more privacy in the yard. Anyone have any recommendation on an evergreen
bush that is hardee and grows fast?

Thanks

Dan

Old 04-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Philip Procter

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:47:26 -0500, "Dan J.S." wrote:

I am thinking about fencing off part of a street by putting up some
evergreen bushes. The street is a 25MPH street, but I am trying to create
more privacy in the yard. Anyone have any recommendation on an evergreen
bush that is hardee and grows fast?

Thanks

Dan

I love the look of hemlock, but we've had some problems with them due
to the extreme cold. We're on a mountain side in western New York, and
we get COLD and WINDY. The new plants need protection from the wind,
for maybe 2+ years.

They grow fast and dense.

The deer live to snack on them, but that shouldn't be a problem along
a street.

Philip

Old 04-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Die Spammer !!!

What about Eugenia bushes? They and grow fairly dense and they give you some
sweet/tart berries also.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 PM
BonnieJean

Anyone have any recommendation on an evergreen
bush that is hardee and grows fast?
Dan

I love the look of hemlock, but we've had some problems with them due
to the extreme cold. We're on a mountain side in western New York, and
we get COLD and WINDY. The new plants need protection from the wind,
for maybe 2+ years.
They grow fast and dense.
Philip

I love hemlock's but I wouldn't plant them or recommend them because of
woolly adelgid.

http://www.cce.cornell.edu/suffolk/g...t/hemwool.html
Bonnie in NJ

Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Peter H

"Dan J.S." wrote in message
I am thinking about fencing off part of a street by putting up some
evergreen bushes. The street is a 25MPH street, but I am trying to create
more privacy in the yard. Anyone have any recommendation on an evergreen
bush that is hardee and grows fast?

Thanks

Dan

The answer may vary with location. Where abouts are you?

Peter H