Old 05-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Registered User

Location: Colchester, UK
Unhappy dog wee killing my lawn

help - I have an 8 month neutered labrador X bitch. My lawn is suffering where she wees. Any good ideas for making her wee round the corner of the house away from the grass?

thanks
Biller
Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 PM

Default dog wee killing my lawn

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:37:49 +0200, Biller
wrote:

help - I have an 8 month neutered labrador X bitch. My lawn is
suffering where she wees. Any good ideas for making her wee round the
corner of the house away from the grass?

thanks
Biller

First, it sounds like a behavioral modification issue. Might want to
get incontact with a local trainer for advice, or books on the
subject.

As for the grass, it's toast. You can wait for it to come back, (more
likely weeds will grow first), or you can dig them up, and flip them.
Reseed the spots and keep watered. That's what I would do.

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********************************
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs Classifieds.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Amy D

--
Biller

It's not that hard to train a dog to use the same spot -- is it an
"inside" dog? Just put her on a leash and take her out to the same spot
every time for awhile and she will automatically go there. Otherwise,
is it possible to build a run? I am no good at training dogs since my
life is chaotic and inconsistent but it's very easy to do for
disciplined people.

I *was* a vet tech.....I used to see something you could feed to them or
something that would neutralize the urine so it didn't kill the grass.
I don't know anything about it though. I honestly don't think this is
probably a good idea.

amy
=---

Old 06-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Doug G

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p..._problems.html

Old 09-06-2004, 07:02 AM
heppiechik

"Amy D" wrote in message

Biller wrote:

help - I have an 8 month neutered labrador X bitch. My lawn is
suffering where she wees. Any good ideas for making her wee round the
corner of the house away from the grass?

thanks
Biller

--
Biller

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption

It's not that hard to train a dog to use the same spot -- is it an
"inside" dog? Just put her on a leash and take her out to the same spot
every time for awhile and she will automatically go there. Otherwise,
is it possible to build a run? I am no good at training dogs since my
life is chaotic and inconsistent but it's very easy to do for
disciplined people.

I *was* a vet tech.....I used to see something you could feed to them or
something that would neutralize the urine so it didn't kill the grass.
I don't know anything about it though. I honestly don't think this is
probably a good idea.

I'm mixing a little tomato juice in with their food. I have heard this from
several different ng's and I'll let you know if it works.
hc

Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Kelly

I have the same problem and I have 2 dogs.
What if I put a stepping stone or brick to where they pee and hose
them during spring/summer. I live in Ontario Canada so I can't water
the lawn in Winter. The wee won't destroy the brick, would it?

Old 12-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Steve Parrish

Hi,
There's a product called Green-Ums that is supposed to take care of this
problem. You feed this stuff to the dog in pill or treat form. Supposedly
eliminates the ammonia in the urine. Contains yucca extract and vitamins.
Good luck!

wee-wee on the lawn dido22 Lawns 7 10-06-2008 10:40 PM
My Dog Keeps Killing My Lawn Mark Woodcock United Kingdom 26 13-10-2007 12:08 PM
dog killing the lawn Phill Lee Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
dog killing the lawn Phill Lee Australia 10 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
dog killing the lawn Phill Lee Lawns 2 28-12-2002 02:15 PM