Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Stepdad1963

Default Burnt My Grass with Weed and Feed

Hello,

I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow parts
of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and mixing
is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Chet Hayes

"Stepdad1963" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow parts
of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and mixing
is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Watering heavily at the first signs of burning is the best you can do
to try to lessen it. Depending on where you are, it's likely too late
to seed now, wait for fall. Plus, if you have excess weed killer on
the lawn, seeding isn't going to be effective.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Brian Watson

"Stepdad1963" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow

parts
of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and

mixing
is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just give it a few heavy waterings - it'll recover if you haven't actually
killed it already and cost you no more money for chemicals.

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, winner of The English And Welsh Village Of The Year

Old 09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Steve

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"Stepdad1963" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow

parts
of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and

mixing
is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just give it a few heavy waterings - it'll recover if you haven't actually
killed it already and cost you no more money for chemicals.

--
Brian

Oh good.......that's what I'm doing already. Thanks Brian! )

Old 09-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Steve

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"Stepdad1963" wrote in message

Hello,

I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was
wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow

parts
of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and

mixing
is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Watering heavily at the first signs of burning is the best you can do
to try to lessen it. Depending on where you are, it's likely too late
to seed now, wait for fall. Plus, if you have excess weed killer on
the lawn, seeding isn't going to be effective.

Ok great.....thank you! )