GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   crab grass and thyme lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/63834-crab-grass-thyme-lawn.html)

Amy Fong 10-06-2004 01:10 AM

crab grass and thyme lawn

I'm started a thyme lawn from seem and there's lots of crabgrass to
contend with. What is a good way of getting rid of the crabgrass (and
won't harm the thyme)?

Thanks.

Dave 19-06-2004 04:05 PM

crab grass and thyme lawn

Crab grass has a extensive root system. I am guessing the best way would be
to till the entire area and spend a few days pulling out the grass and
roots. You might have to go over it a few times with the tiller and keep
picking out the grass & roots.

Dave
g...

Brian 21-06-2004 05:11 AM

crab grass and thyme lawn

You may also want to take a look at this link
Brian
http://www.highcountrygardens.com/articles/thyme.html

"Dave" wrote in message
Crab grass has a extensive root system. I am guessing the best way would

be
to till the entire area and spend a few days pulling out the grass and
roots. You might have to go over it a few times with the tiller and keep
picking out the grass & roots.

Dave
g...