Old 14-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Gerry Campbell

Default Mushrooms

How do you get rid of mushrooms growing in your grass...I hava a crescent
shaped patch I can't get rid of and I need some ideas on how to kill these
things, short of using Roundup.

Thanks.

Gerry

Old 14-06-2004, 06:09 AM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:02:51 GMT, "Gerry Campbell"
wrote:

How do you get rid of mushrooms growing in your grass...I hava a crescent
shaped patch I can't get rid of and I need some ideas on how to kill these
things, short of using Roundup.

Thanks.

Gerry

First don't use round up ever on your lawn. My experience with it has
made feel using a gallon of gass and a match would have been less
distructive in killing a weed.

Are you providing them with good source of water and food? They might
just breaking down thick thatch, or wood. Prevention might be your
best bet.

later,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********************************
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs Classifieds.
Old 14-06-2004, 07:18 AM
Doug G

http://www.google.com/search?q=mushrooms+in+lawn

Old 14-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Steveo

"Gerry Campbell" wrote:
How do you get rid of mushrooms growing in your grass...I hava a crescent
shaped patch I can't get rid of and I need some ideas on how to kill
these things, short of using Roundup.

Sounds like there was a tree in that spot and the mushrooms are the
result of organic debris left in the soil..also known as fairy ring.

The only real cure is to dig down and remove whatever is rotting in
the soil. Round up won't help.
Old 16-06-2004, 07:11 PM
evolutionman 2004

Whoa!!!!!!!! Don't use any kind of weed/grass killer on the lawn to get rid
of fungi. Mushrooms, toadstools, and other fungi feed on organic matter
which they either aid in breaking down (benefit the local plants) or destroy
the living plant tissue. B/c they're growing in a crescent shape indicates
the fungi are living on something below the soil (root, limb, construction
debris). You might want to remove the source. Are they destroying the
grass/lawn? If so, then you can apply a fungicide to the area and several
feet around it to inhibit fungal spores from developing. Ifi no damage is
occuring, then welcome them, as they're releasing nutrients back into your
soil for other plants to use.

Old 19-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Dave

I read somewhere that plug aerating can help. Has to be plug type aerating.
Some of my neihbours have those fairy rings on their front lawn. Looks like
they are hosting the Olympics!

Dave