Old 15-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Joan in Oregon

Default Horsetail

Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Old 15-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Steveo

"Joan in Oregon" wrote:
Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Roundup.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.
Old 15-06-2004, 04:05 AM
GFRfan

Steveo wrote:

"Joan in Oregon" wrote:

Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Roundup.

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But,
I'm no expert on horsetail weed.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman
Old 15-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Steveo

GFRfan wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"Joan in Oregon" wrote:

Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Roundup.

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But,
I'm no expert on horsetail weed.

How big is the area you're trying to kill..if you added it all
up in sq ft?

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.
Old 15-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Joan in Oregon

I should have listed the things I've already tried.

Roundup-I've tried this several times in spring, fall and winter. It doesn't
seem to even stunt the darn weed.

I've tried to burn it with a torch. I certainly burned the tops off, but
didn't really stop them from coming back.

I used Crossbow. This showed the most promising results in the fall. It
killed the foliage, but then it came back. Not quite as healthy looking
though.

I hate using chemicals and I will not try anymore unless I learn of
something someone else has had success with.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will wait to see if anyone else has advice
as well.

Joan
"GFRfan" wrote in message

Old 15-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Steveo

"Joan in Oregon" wrote:
I should have listed the things I've already tried.

Roundup-I've tried this several times in spring, fall and winter. It
doesn't seem to even stunt the darn weed.

This guy talks of smothering it.

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/horsetail.htm

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Old 15-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Peter H

"Joan in Oregon" wrote in message
Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Is it coming up in a lawn? If so how's your drainage? You may have to
improve your drainage to eliminate it.

Peter H