Old 15-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Scott Whitehead

Default new lawn problem

Five weeks ago I laid a lawn with Rolawn turves – some of which had
suffered heating in the rolls – with the subsequent death of some
rolls. After telling Rolawn they provided me with three replacement
turves – which I used for patching two weeks after I initially laid
the lawn.
Due to this and the servicing of my lawnmower which took far longer
than I imagined – the lawn became very long and went to seed.
I cut the lawn back last Saturday – by just over a third – reducing
the length from 8 inches to just under 6 – to find that many of the
swards had gone spindly. Some areas have really thinned out.

Will I need to reseed these almost bald patches – or will the grass
regenerate and grow thicker and spread across the bald patches.

I was also wondering if I have overwatered. Because of the presence of
the new turf when I patched in the dead areas – I continued with the
‘new turf' regime of 20 minutes twice a day – to find that the area
was very soft (though not flooded) when I cut the lawn back last
Saturday.

I have since suspended watering the area – and intend watering for 20
minutes twice a week.

Could anyone advise me on the above.

Thanks,

Scott Whitehead
Old 17-06-2004, 11:06 PM
John P. Mullen

Scott Whitehead wrote:
[...]

What the hell are "turves"?

Old 18-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Willondon

John P. Mullen wrote:
[...]
What the hell are "turves"?

http://dictionary.reference.com/

I had to look it up myself. I figured from what Scott said that they were
rolls of sod. I found I hadn't really known what a turf was, and that it
had a plural.

--
Willondon
Old 18-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Doug G

John P. Mullen wrote:

Scott Whitehead wrote:
[...]

They're like swards.

Old 18-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Scott Whitehead

"John P. Mullen" wrote in message ...
Scott Whitehead wrote:
[...]

Plural for turf ie one turf - two turves

New Lawn Drainage Problem! gmb27 Lawns 6 02-04-2013 09:04 PM
OK, new lawn rodent problem [email protected] Lawns 2 14-07-2006 12:26 AM
New lawn problem, please help! Mary Beth Lawns 2 17-06-2006 04:14 PM
New Lawn Problem - Potatoes ! mikem1066 United Kingdom 4 16-05-2005 12:04 PM
new lawn problem Scott Whitehead United Kingdom 2 16-06-2004 11:08 AM