GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lawn chemicals, application wait time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/66534-lawn-chemicals-application-wait-time.html)

kaskiles 16-06-2004 09:07 PM

lawn chemicals, application wait time

Hi,

I need to apply a granular fertilizer, granular Grub control and spot
spray for weeds. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time in
between applications?

In otherwords, can I spread my fertilizer, and then my Grub control
right afterwards. Or could they interfere with each other?

Thanks.

Chet Hayes 17-06-2004 01:05 AM

(kaskiles) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

I need to apply a granular fertilizer, granular Grub control and spot
spray for weeds. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time in
between applications?

In otherwords, can I spread my fertilizer, and then my Grub control
right afterwards. Or could they interfere with each other?

Thanks.

These have no interaction with each other.

evolutionman 2004 17-06-2004 09:05 PM

lawn chemicals, application wait time

Correct, you can apply them one after the other as their effect on your lawn
won't interfere with one's application over the other, unless you shouldn't
water after you apply the Grub control. One should either water before or
after fertilizer application, but consult the directions watering your
lawn after the insecticide application. Hope this helps. When all else
fails, read the directions.

Doug G 18-06-2004 01:04 AM

kaskiles wrote:

Hi,

I need to apply a granular fertilizer, granular Grub control and spot
spray for weeds. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time in
between applications?

In otherwords, can I spread my fertilizer, and then my Grub control
right afterwards. Or could they interfere with each other?

Thanks.

The GrubEx web site (http://tinyurl.com/3bphf) says, "This product does
not interfere with the performance of other lawn products such as
fertilizers, weed controls and insect controls. Allow at least one-week
between product applications."

Peter H 18-06-2004 02:08 PM

lawn chemicals, application wait time

"evolutionman 2004" wrote in message
nk.net...
Correct, you can apply them one after the other as their effect on your

lawn
won't interfere with one's application over the other, unless you

shouldn't
water after you apply the Grub control.

After 12+ years in the business I have yet to hear of a grub control that
you didn't have to water in.

One should either water before or
after fertilizer application,

Not sure why you would want to water before applying fert, unless you were
hoping to have it stick to the blades and burn the turf?

but consult the directions watering your
lawn after the insecticide application. Hope this helps. When all else
fails, read the directions.

That part makes sense

Peter H