GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   insect & weed sprayers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/66535-insect-weed-sprayers.html)

kaskiles 16-06-2004 09:07 PM

insect & weed sprayers

Hi,

Can I use the same sprayer to spray both weed and pest control
chemicals? Or do I need to buy one sprayer for weed and one sprayer
for insects, because they might chemically react with any residuals
absorbed into the plastic sprayer? I would clean it out with clean
water after use.

Thanks.

GFRfan 16-06-2004 09:07 PM

insect & weed sprayers

kaskiles wrote:
Hi,

Can I use the same sprayer to spray both weed and pest control
chemicals? Or do I need to buy one sprayer for weed and one sprayer
for insects, because they might chemically react with any residuals
absorbed into the plastic sprayer? I would clean it out with clean
water after use.

Thanks.

I think you are better off using different sprayers for each chemical.
Some chemicals can have a bad reaction to other chemicals. Fire,
explosion or more likely, poison gas. Could even react with each other
and kill your grass.

--
Yard and Garden Handyman

Chet Hayes 17-06-2004 01:05 AM

insect & weed sprayers

(kaskiles) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

Can I use the same sprayer to spray both weed and pest control
chemicals? Or do I need to buy one sprayer for weed and one sprayer
for insects, because they might chemically react with any residuals
absorbed into the plastic sprayer? I would clean it out with clean
water after use.

Thanks.

One sprayer is all you need. The only thing you really need to be
careful about is switching from something like roundup, to another
product that you are applying to desirable vegetation. In that case,
it's important to make sure you clear out all the existing product, so
that you don't wind up killing plants.

evolutionman 2004 17-06-2004 09:05 PM

insect & weed sprayers

I've done it both ways. However, it's best to have two sprayers & label one
for weed killers. While chemically there won't be any adverse chemical
reaction, you will be adding residual weed killer spray to shrubery and
flowering plants which could damage them. Also, a weed killer spray
container (generally one which attaches to hoses) should have a sprayer head
which sprays down onto your lawn while the general insect sprayer will have
a spray head which can rotate to reach up into trees, the underside of
leaves on shrubbery and other areas needed. I'd recommend the Ortho
dial-a-spray for the latter. Hope this helps.