GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ants in flower pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/66723-ants-flower-pot.html)

Dave 19-06-2004 03:08 PM

Ants in flower pot

Hello, we have a cedar tub filled with flowers in Sunshine Mix (soilless
medium) which is getting over run with ants.

Anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the ants?

Thanks, Dave

[email protected] 19-06-2004 08:04 PM

Ants in flower pot

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:47:56 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Hello, we have a cedar tub filled with flowers in Sunshine Mix (soilless
medium) which is getting over run with ants.

Anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the ants?

Thanks, Dave

I found that these work well. Since they work on eliminating the nest
as a whole. http://urlbee.com?38

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********************************
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com - Hospital Jobs Classifieds.

dave 20-06-2004 03:06 AM

Ants in flower pot

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:47:56 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Hello, we have a cedar tub filled with flowers in Sunshine Mix (soilless
medium) which is getting over run with ants.

Anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the ants?

Thanks, Dave

I had the same problem today. I just threw and handful of granular
diazinon on it. In the past I've used a soil drench of orthene.

Dave G.

Ev 13-07-2004 01:03 AM

Ants in flower pot

I have heard that they are actually beneficial for aeration etc. If they are
not in your home just leave them or they may invite themselves in if they
are thrown out of their present outdoor "digs", I could not let that one go,
I had carpenter ants in the past and I empathize with you for sure though.
Good luck with the anilation.

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello, we have a cedar tub filled with flowers in Sunshine Mix (soilless
medium) which is getting over run with ants.

Anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the ants?

Thanks, Dave

---