Old 19-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Clayton1970

Default thatching blade for lawn mower

Has anyone heard of a thatching blade to put on a lawn mower? Are they easy
to use? Are they even worth getting? Are they useful for ripping out dead
moss? I know I ask alot about moss, but here in NW Washington, that's my
main concern. Fast, quick, and easy moss removal. Any help is appreciated.

Clayton

"Do not shed your tears for me, I was not born to watch the world grow dim.
For life is not determined in years, but rather by the deeds of men." -
Unknown

Old 20-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Bob

"Clayton1970" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of a thatching blade to put on a lawn mower?

Are they easy
to use? Are they even worth getting? Are they useful for

ripping out dead
moss? I know I ask alot about moss, but here in NW Washington,

that's my
main concern. Fast, quick, and easy moss removal. Any help is

appreciated.

There are such blades for rotary mowers. My experience is that
they do remove the thatch, but in the process, they beat the
remaining grass to a pulp. This then demands careful raking while
it "heals" to keep the grass from matting down and composting
itself. If you do use one of these blades, run the mower at the
slowest RPM possible, and never stop moving without lifting the
blade from the ground.

Bob

Old 21-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Bubba

Try Moss Out - sold at hardware stores in WA state.

Bubba

Lawn Mower Blade Sharpening? Oscar_Lives Lawns 22 03-09-2005 09:07 PM
Lawn Mower tune-up, repairs OR oil change and blade sharpen & balanced only [email protected] North Carolina 0 21-03-2005 10:12 PM
thatching attachment for a tiller? Paul Lizanich Gardening 0 12-10-2004 11:09 PM
Thatching questions. Timothy Gardening 0 08-03-2004 06:12 PM
Lawn Mower blade n0sPaM Lawns 6 16-06-2003 05:07 PM