Old 21-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Magnusfarce

Default Gopher Questions

I'm replacing the lawn in my back yard and want to try and eliminate my
ongoing gopher problem. Is there anything I can do during the
killing/rototilling/planting process to help prevent future gopher problems?
If I wanted to place a barrier around the property, how deep would I have to
go and what material would be effective?

BTW, how can I tell if they are gophers or moles?

- Magnusfarce

Old 23-06-2004, 03:09 AM
RoyDMercer

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm replacing the lawn in my back yard and want to try and eliminate my
ongoing gopher problem. Is there anything I can do during the
killing/rototilling/planting process to help prevent future gopher

problems?
If I wanted to place a barrier around the property, how deep would I have

go and what material would be effective?

BTW, how can I tell if they are gophers or moles?

- Magnusfarce

If they are eating the roots of your garden, it is almost certainly gophers.

Here is an excellent article on the subject:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_wildlife...371239,00.html

Old 27-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Srgnt Bilko

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm replacing the lawn in my back yard and want to try and eliminate my
ongoing gopher problem. Is there anything I can do during the
killing/rototilling/planting process to help prevent future gopher

problems?
If I wanted to place a barrier around the property, how deep would I have

go and what material would be effective?

BTW, how can I tell if they are gophers or moles?

- Magnusfarce

Moles in our area tunnel near the surface and leave raised hills wherever
they go. They like bugs. Get rid of the bugs and the mole will go to your
neighbors.

We have woodchucks, which are larger. The only way to get rid of them is
either by hav-a-heart trap or shotgun.

I have a Gopher aluckyguess Edible Gardening 1 26-05-2008 06:41 AM
Gopher solotions Al Reid Edible Gardening 6 22-07-2004 10:02 PM
Gopher solotions Al Edible Gardening 0 22-07-2004 01:30 PM
Gopher-proofing? Jefffooz Gardening 1 29-03-2004 02:32 AM
The best pocket gopher trap ? observer Gardening 9 01-05-2003 06:20 AM