Old 28-06-2004, 03:04 AM
Fisherman

Default Slug and snails

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some
plants)

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

Old 28-06-2004, 04:06 AM

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:26:37 -0400, " Fisherman"
wrote:

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some
plants)

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

I heard getting them drunk, so you can take advantage of them really
works. :-p

Seriously, I was told placing small plates of beer out will draw them
to it. They will drink and drink and be unable to get out and drown.
Just have to make sure you clean out the bowls regularly, so the dead
ones don't tip off the new ones of the trap.

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com
Old 28-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Jim Sullivan

wrote:

Our vegetable garden now has both slugs and snails (brought in on some
plants)

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance

I heard getting them drunk, so you can take advantage of them really
works. :-p

Seriously, I was told placing small plates of beer out will draw them
to it. They will drink and drink and be unable to get out and drown.
Just have to make sure you clean out the bowls regularly, so the dead
ones don't tip off the new ones of the trap.

Yes, slugs like beer, but apparently, they also like dead slugs, so just
leave the dead slugs in the dish. Lee Valley has an high tech version of a
dish for slugs:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...2,21 90,33120

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington

Old 28-06-2004, 04:08 PM
evolutionman 2004

Commerically available products, i.e., Ortho's Slug Bait (pellet or flake
form) works for me. If you have outdoor pets, you might want to sprinkle
them around the affected plants when the pets are not around. Follow
directions on the box when using.

news

Old 28-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Soildean

Either "Sluggo" or "Worryfree" slug and snail works the best for me. It is
environmentally safe and safe for pets and birds. And it REALLY WORKS.
news