GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pool Heater 250K BTU Pentair MiniMax NT - how to read yellow Energy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/78230-pool-heater-250k-btu-pentair-minimax-nt-how-read-yellow-energy.html)

M. Osborne 03-07-2004 02:02 PM

Pool Heater 250K BTU Pentair MiniMax NT - how to read yellow Energy

I am putting in a pool, and the Pool supplier provided a 250,000 BTU
Pentair MiniMax NT unit. I mentioned beforehad I had heard that many
units cost $5-30/day to run, and I wanted the most efficient unit
possible (in reason, cost/efficiency).

When I got the unit (not installed yet), it had a yellow energy rating
sheet on the side.

Blah, Blah, Compared to similair models, this unit's efficiency ranks:

78 - 82 - - - - - - 97

Is 82% bad? Should I have my vendor provide a different solution? Or
does it simply take so much money per day to run a 250K BTU unit,
regardless of efficiency?

Thank you!
Mike