Old 14-07-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Japanese beetles are back!

On 13 Jul 2004 21:48:28 GMT, Steveo

Yes, it's sold in concentrate for hose end or pump sprayers.

They were out of Sevin, so I bought Bug-B-Gone, hose sprayer.

I sprayed the three trees that were infested, and about 10 minutes
later the ground and driveway were covered with dying beetles.

Now we'll see how long it lasts.

7-10 days if it doesn't rain hard. The jap beetle will be done in
a few weeks..old age.

I'm in eastern Pa, and I can say the trap is hardly catching anything,
and they seem to have left my one tree alone. I'm guessing, the worse
has past, and soon the trap will even come down.

later,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com
Old 14-07-2004, 04:04 AM

How much did the control product cost?

I bought Bug-B-Gone for $12. I sprayed three small ( 15') trees and
used half of it. So I figure $6 per week until the critters are gone.

BUT! This morning the local landscape company owned by my "friend,"
i.e. a guy who goes to my church, was at the neighbor's.

Afterwards, I called him over. He's going to spray my three infested
trees for $15 each (friend price), and he said (depending on rain) it
should last for the rest of beetle season. So I think it's $45 well
spent.

Last year at this time, because I didn't notice the beetles until it
was too late, these trees were literally bare....looked like November.

Why does God make these creatures? :-)

I consider myself lucky that I have over 40 trees, and they only like
to eat three of them!