GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Concrete question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/79091-concrete-question.html)

DR 15-07-2004 06:04 AM

Concrete question

My wife is laying flagstone for our patio. She's using a mixture of concrete
and sand to "grout" the stones. It holds the stones in place but doesn't
"glue" them in permanently. Is there something I can spray/apply over the
mixture so that sand isn't being tracked into our house? Something to hold
the mixture more in place? Thanks

Dale

Srgnt Bilko 15-07-2004 03:04 PM

Concrete question

"DR" wrote in message
My wife is laying flagstone for our patio. She's using a mixture of

concrete
and sand to "grout" the stones. It holds the stones in place but doesn't
"glue" them in permanently. Is there something I can spray/apply over the
mixture so that sand isn't being tracked into our house? Something to hold
the mixture more in place? Thanks

Dale

If she mixes the cement and sand correctly - the right ratio - and mixes
them thoroughly with the right amount of water, tracking sand shouldn't be a
problem.

Tom 15-07-2004 04:03 PM

Concrete question

I swept dry mortar mix in and misted it when done . It hardened like cement.

J.Caldwell 20-07-2004 05:06 AM

Concrete question

In any instance, it's impossible not to track sand, grit and dirt into the
house. A coco fiber mat will do wonders to protect laminate floors like
Pergo or natural wood. Problem is most folks forget to shake out entry mats
periodically.