GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sears Self Propelled Mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/79306-sears-self-propelled-mower.html)

SCR 17-07-2004 03:03 AM

Sears Self Propelled Mower

I need help! 21 inch mower, has new plug, filter, etc
pull start. Will not start, but will start, after a few pulls
with a dose of ether. After running and warm up, starts
fine. Tried everything......any suggestions Thanks.

Brigitte 20-07-2004 05:06 AM

Sears Self Propelled Mower

"SCR" wrote in message
I need help! 21 inch mower, has new plug, filter, etc
pull start. Will not start, but will start, after a few pulls
with a dose of ether. After running and warm up, starts
fine. Tried everything......any suggestions Thanks.

Next time, don't buy a Craftsman. I have one and it's a piece of crap.

Last year I had the same problem you're describing. I can't remember for
sure what it needed, but I think it was the carburator. This year it was
the pull rope. It's only 3 years old, and it seems something is always
going wrong with it. It's always been difficult to start. My shoulder/arm
is always sore by the time I get it started.

Brigitte