Old 20-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Steve

Default Circular Donuts on lawn

I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn after
cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower and the
rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My wheels are set
even.

Old 20-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Steveo

"Steve" wrote:
I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn
after cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower
and the rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My
wheels are set even.

Just a guess.. cutting deck's not level.
Old 20-07-2004, 03:12 PM
William W. Plummer

Steveo wrote:
"Steve" wrote:

I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn
after cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower
and the rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My
wheels are set even.

Just a guess.. cutting deck's not level.

Yes. It took me awhile to figure that the front "link" that holds up
the deck had broken. Although the mower is 15+ years old, Sears was
able to supply a replacement, but it wasn't an exact replacement and I
had to drill out two holes.
Old 20-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Steveo

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"Steve" wrote:

I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn
after cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower
and the rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My
wheels are set even.

Just a guess.. cutting deck's not level.

Yes. It took me awhile to figure that the front "link" that holds up
the deck had broken. Although the mower is 15+ years old, Sears was
able to supply a replacement, but it wasn't an exact replacement and I
had to drill out two holes.

My neighbors tractor was doing the same thing..I asked him why he was
giving the worms hair cuts. He said he had the deck on the highest
setting..We found the same thing you're talking about, deck was hanging
from a broken support.

Old 21-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Peter H

"Steve" wrote in message
I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn

after
cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower and the
rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My wheels are

set
even.

It's a disease. Unfortunately I know nothing about U3 Bermuda or I would
attempt to help you with this one.

Peter H

Old 22-07-2004, 11:05 PM
KK

Steve...

We need a little better description of the "rings".

Are the rings from an uneven cut which means the grass is of different
lengths? Or are the rings a darker green circle with the center appearing
more brown? An uneven cut would be a mower problem but the darker green
circle could be a "fairy ring" caused by a fungus.

Old 24-07-2004, 06:03 PM
husker

I have the same problem. My lawn was sodded last year and it is still not
completely level. When I use the push mower, it bounces up and down and the
blade will drop too low sometimes and cut a circle into the lawn.