GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Concrete slab dip (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/79518-concrete-slab-dip.html)

Dave 20-07-2004 05:04 AM

Concrete slab dip

We just had a 40'x60' 4" thick slab poured for a steel shop building. In 3
or 4 places the slab has 'ponds' about 6' across and 1/4"-1/2" deep.
Honestly they are not overly noticable until you wash the floor and the
water ponds up. Then 1/2" of standing water is quite noticable.

My question is: on a 2400sqft slab, is 3 or 4 ponds of that depth normal?
What 'school grade' would that rate? A? B? C? D? F?

Dave

Steveo 20-07-2004 05:04 AM

Concrete slab dip

"Dave" wrote:
We just had a 40'x60' 4" thick slab poured for a steel shop building. In
3 or 4 places the slab has 'ponds' about 6' across and 1/4"-1/2" deep.
Honestly they are not overly noticable until you wash the floor and the
water ponds up. Then 1/2" of standing water is quite noticable.

My question is: on a 2400sqft slab, is 3 or 4 ponds of that depth normal?
What 'school grade' would that rate? A? B? C? D? F?

Dave

Not a good job on grade..someone missed a few pins.

Srgnt Bilko 20-07-2004 06:05 AM

Concrete slab dip

"Dave" wrote in message
We just had a 40'x60' 4" thick slab poured for a steel shop building. In

3
or 4 places the slab has 'ponds' about 6' across and 1/4"-1/2" deep.
Honestly they are not overly noticable until you wash the floor and the
water ponds up. Then 1/2" of standing water is quite noticable.

My question is: on a 2400sqft slab, is 3 or 4 ponds of that depth normal?
What 'school grade' would that rate? A? B? C? D? F?

Dave

Mop or drill holes ?

PJx 20-07-2004 10:05 PM

Concrete slab dip

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:29:48 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

We just had a 40'x60' 4" thick slab poured for a steel shop building. In 3
or 4 places the slab has 'ponds' about 6' across and 1/4"-1/2" deep.
Honestly they are not overly noticable until you wash the floor and the
water ponds up. Then 1/2" of standing water is quite noticable.

My question is: on a 2400sqft slab, is 3 or 4 ponds of that depth normal?
What 'school grade' would that rate? A? B? C? D? F?

Dave

Get out your written contract and read the specifications. They may
not have met spec and owe you some money.

Otherwise, put a roof on it and don't use so much water when you mop,
so you will never know that its not level.

Pj

J.Caldwell 25-07-2004 11:02 AM

Concrete slab dip

I agree with Bilko. Drilling 1/2" holes will do it. Use 5/8" if there's a
chance of debris. You might hit reinforcing but most mesh has wire size
about 12 gauge and not too obstructive.