Old 22-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Adam Russell

Default stump out any good?

I'm getting rid of a couple palm trees and would like to know if the product
'stump out' will be a good cheap way to deal with the stumps.

Old 22-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Doug G

Adam Russell wrote:

I'm getting rid of a couple palm trees and would like to know if the product
'stump out' will be a good cheap way to deal with the stumps.

If I remember correctly, it takes months for the product to do its thing
and you still have to burn them out. It may be easier and a whole lot
quicker to chop them out.

Read the instructions on the product.

Old 22-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Srgnt Bilko

"Doug G" wrote in message
Adam Russell wrote:

I'm getting rid of a couple palm trees and would like to know if the

product
'stump out' will be a good cheap way to deal with the stumps.

If I remember correctly, it takes months for the product to do its thing
and you still have to burn them out. It may be easier and a whole lot
quicker to chop them out.

Read the instructions on the product.

Or rent a small excavator - they go for $150 per day around here and some
places will rent for half a day.
We just had an IHI (Korean ?) diesel with rubber tracks for a weekend and it
was fun.

Old 22-07-2004, 09:04 PM
GFRfan

Srgnt Bilko wrote:
"Doug G" wrote in message

Adam Russell wrote:

I'm getting rid of a couple palm trees and would like to know if the

product

'stump out' will be a good cheap way to deal with the stumps.

If I remember correctly, it takes months for the product to do its thing
and you still have to burn them out. It may be easier and a whole lot
quicker to chop them out.

Read the instructions on the product.

Or rent a small excavator - they go for $150 per day around here and some
places will rent for half a day.
We just had an IHI (Korean ?) diesel with rubber tracks for a weekend and it
was fun.

We have tree services that will grind medium size (12"-20" diameter)
stumps for $25.00. Check that route.