Old 27-07-2004, 01:12 AM
John

Default hour meter on Sabre

I have a Sabre by John Deere lawn tractor and it has an hour meter, with a
"service reminder" feature, which means it blinks when service is due.
However, nowhere in the owner's manual does it say how to reset it so it
stops blinking. There's no small pin hole in it to reset, no buttons. Does
anyone know if there's some way to reset it, or does it just keep blinking
until some set hour-meter time? It's at about 24.8 hours right now, so I
suppose it's letting me know that 25 hour service is coming up. Funny that
they have this feature and don't bother to mention it in the manual.

Old 27-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Richard J Kinch

John writes:

Does
anyone know if there's some way to reset it, or does it just keep
blinking until some set hour-meter time?

You don't understand.

This is a "pay your local dealer" reminder feature, not a "service due"
reminder. They know how to turn it off when you take it in for routine
service.

Also found on Sharp copying machines. They actually quit working if you
didn't pay extortion to the local dealer after 20000 copies.
Old 27-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Travis Jordan

John wrote:
I have a Sabre by John Deere lawn tractor and it has an hour meter,
with a "service reminder" feature, which means it blinks when service
is due. However, nowhere in the owner's manual does it say how to
reset it so it stops blinking. There's no small pin hole in it to
reset, no buttons. Does anyone know if there's some way to reset it,
or does it just keep blinking until some set hour-meter time? It's
at about 24.8 hours right now, so I suppose it's letting me know that
25 hour service is coming up. Funny that they have this feature and
don't bother to mention it in the manual.

However, the subject is covered on their web site:

Question
How long does the service reminder flash before and after the service
interval?

Answer
The service reminder begins flashing approximately 1 hour prior to the
service interval and stops flashing approximately 1 hour after the
service interval